Oval Saint Christopher Blue Enamel Solid Sterling Silver Protect Us Necklace 26.00x20.00 MM
- Bail:Jump ring
- Chain:Comes with sterling silver chain
St Christopher is known as the patron saint of traveler’s because he once acted as a human ferry helping people cross a section of raging water. St Christopher once carried a baby boy across the water now thought to be Jesus. St Christopher could not believe such a small boy could weigh so much. It was as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. This beautiful medal depicts St. Christopher carrying baby Jesus on his shoulders across the raging water. The words “Saint Christopher Protect Us” encompass the front. The medal has raised sections and a blue enamel border surrounding the face of the medal. This medal comes with a 24 inch solid 925 sterling silver continuous curb chain.
This medal and chain are made of solid 925 sterling silver. 925 is 92.5% pure sterling silver. The other 7.5% is copper alloy which increases the hardness of the metal. Since the metal content is nickel free, there is a less likely chance of allergic reactions. 925 is the standard for sterling silver metal content.
There are two types of chain types available for this medal. Please see in the medal description to know which chain comes with your medal. The continuous chain is a solid 24 inch chain without a clasp. This is the sturdier of the two options which will normally come with the medals that are larger than 18MM. The clasp ended chains normally come with the medals that are 18MM and smaller. The clasp chains will be 18 inches in length and have a spring ring clasp on the end for easy opening and closing.
This medal Comes with a solid sterling silver 925 Chain and a black velvet jewelry gift box. Having the complete package of the medal, matching chain, and gift box adds to the moment when gift giving. The box can also be used later for storing your precious gift for years to come.